We always look forward to meeting new patients on their first visit to our office. A referral from your dentist is not required. We understand that each patient's orthodontic treatment is different, and we promise to give you the personal attention you deserve.
At this complimentary initial exam, we will introduce you to our office and give you a tour of our state-of-the-art facility. Next, after reviewing your medical and dental history, Dr. Berro will perform a thorough clinical examination and explain the diagnosis and treatment options. Dr. Berro and our Treatment Coordinator will address the following and answer all your questions:
- Is there a condition that would benefit from orthodontics?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until further growth or tooth eruption has occurred?
- What are the treatment options to correct the problem? We will also show you the types of braces or appliances that may be used.
- What is the estimated treatment time?
- What are the fees and what are my payment options? If you have insurance, we will also review insurance benefits with you.
If a patient is not yet ready for orthodontic treatment, he or she will be placed on an observation status and monitored for the optimum to begin treatment.
If orthodontic treatment is needed, obtaining diagnostic records is the next step towards achieving your new smile. The diagnostic records are taken in our office and can often be taken during the first visit, if requested.
DIAGNOSTIC RECORDS include:
- Panoramic X-ray
- Cephalometric X-ray
- Photographs of the face and teeth
- Study models (in select cases)
Panoramic X-Ray ||
Cephalometric X-Ray ||
Study Model |
After review of the diagnostic records we will have a treatment consultation. In some cases this is done during the first visit and in other cases this is a separate appointment.
At the treatment consultation, we will review the results of your diagnostic records and the recommended treatment plan for your case. Sometimes, more that one treatment approach is possible, and if so, we will explain the pros and cons of each approach. We will also review the details of treatment, the patient cooperation that may be needed, and answer any further questions that you may have.
Dr. Berro believes in working closely with each patient's general dentist. After your consultation, a copy of your exam findings and treatment recommendations along with a copy of your panoramic x-ray will be sent to your general dentist.